Christmas Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I didn't about these HALs but I'm nearly on schedule with Christmas. I had three hens go broody so I've place eggs. I have two Silkies that went broody days apart and wanted to share a nest so they're hatching eggs together that are due this Saturday, the 16th.

I also had an Orpington hen go broody a few days later so I set 3 Silkie and 3 Orp eggs under her that are due the 23rd, almost Christmas.

So far I'm seeing development all the eggs I've checked. Hoping for a successful hatch and a bit of a warm spell this weekend to help the new babies along!

Neat, Hope your double yolker does well, I have never gotten them past day 10.
Me too! It would be cool but ive read the chances arent that great :/

I do have a question though about the growth rate.. it seems to me that some are growing faster than others wvwn though they were all started on the same day. Is that possible? Would that be because of cold spots?

My LO roosters are not up for the job yet, but I saw one stop right in front of a hen as if to say, "Hey you kinda cute" she looked at him like "meh." and walked around him kind of annoyed.

I also know they are not ready to breed when you give a rooster a treat and they run off to eat it by themselves instead of sharing it with a hen.

Have to vent: i ordered a thermostat for my diy incubator cuz the temps just dont stay consistent. It was supposed to be delivered at the latest yesterday and its still not here.. grrrr. Im so mad!! Bah! I dont want more chicks to die

I order chicks once they were supposed to come on a Wed. they came on a Thursday, now that is something to be mad at or worried about!

Back
Top Bottom