Christmas in October block Swap

Speaking of photos we went to the Mt's. the other day(to escape the heat) and I spotted this and had to take the shot. From a distance I thought that someone had done a carving, but mother nature had her hand in this one.

You know what this log is screaming to be? A diorama! I can see someone taking that and putting little Cliff-dweller Indian figures in there with animal pelts tacked to the "walls" and little fire pits out front with people gathered around celebrating the hunt and having a great time!

I would probably also put a stream of those blue flattened glass marble things for a stream/river, little rope ladders leading to the top so they can get out to hunt or defend their tribe or whatever.

My imagination took a little trip there didn't it?

Lacy Blues, a cliff dwelling is exactly what I thought of when I spotted this from a distance!

Thank You fenrosie and majack, that whole day had a special feeling.

Well, I've been working this week and just chillin! Literally! It's been cool and rainy here. It has been in the 60's, but yesterday and today it was in mid 70's. Yesterday, when I had to work, it was a beautiful day. Today, cloudy, foggy, with a peak of sun this afternoon. It is supposed to warm up this weekend, but chance of showers every day. Hopefully, we will be able to have our get together on Saturday with the kiddos. Praying for no rain!
smile.png

RustyHen~Love your picture!
Can't remember who posted the quilt block, but I love the illusion it gives! the colors are fantastic!
fenrosie~ looking forward for your pics! I was thinking of taking an online course for photography, but haven't done it yet.

Last edited:
Thanks Kassaundra, I think I'll stand more chance with the cake than a child! Great idea.
When I started the course I thought " one photo a week? Easy!" But it's not! It's like always having homework to do! I've learnt loads though and it was amazing value $60 for the year, we don't get comments every week but this week Ricky gave us all a coment, there are just over 100 of us left standing.
You will have to post your pics

Look at what I figured out how to make. I saw a picture of a similar block months ago and have mulled over it for some time trying to figure out a doable way to make it. Out of the blue I had an epiphany, love how it turned out.

Look at what I figured out how to make. I saw a picture of a similar block months ago and have mulled over it for some time trying to figure out a doable way to make it. Out of the blue I had an epiphany, love how it turned out.

Wow Kassaundra! I love it!
love.gif
I'm a dragonfly person so is my exboss ( retired) I might make her one of these beauty's.

Wow Kassaundra! I love it!
love.gif
I'm a dragonfly person so is my exboss ( retired) I might make her one of these beauty's.

It is actually pretty simple. the 4 main blocks are 4.5 inch squares. The curved parts are squares folded into triangles laid over the base square, sewn as one piece of fabric then when all assembled turn the folded biased edge of each folded triangle and stitch down.

Back
Top Bottom