Christmas in October block Swap

Whew!!! That took a long time! The first 2 pics are the blocks I sewed yesterday. The last pic is the fabic I used. Aren't they amazing! They all come out so differently! I loved playing with them, to find the set up of each block.

OHC, if you go to your picture file before you open it to post and find the one you want, write down that number. It is already a jpg. You just need to know which one it is.
Thanks Lacy Blues! The first pic I got completely by accident! Took me a little while to figure out how I did it, but the light bulb came on!! I don't know what was so different. I've posted pics before, but oh well, I finally got it.

I'm looking on the thread on how to post a pic. I'm looking at the video. The icon he choose to post pics doesn't look like mine. also, when I choose the icon to post, I don't get Browse. I get" imbed an image" and under that, upload files. When I choose that, it goes to all of my files on computer, I choose pictures, choose the ones I want to use and there is a number under them, but not a jpg extension. Can anyone tell me how to get to the jpg files, or what I should be doing that I'm not?

I use the landscape box, looks like it has 2 hills and a sun.

Great job, they look awesome. I love "stack and wack" years ago I thought I invented it until I saw someone wrote a book. lol If you don't have 6 repeats of a fabric you want to use you can do the same thing w/ 4 repeats and cut and sew squares instead of triangles. Still has the cool look just a few less repeats.

OHhappychicks. I want to share my sewing room with you. My cutting table is a God send. We found 2 old cabinets (was told that came from the chemistry lab) at a flea market. My dh cut the tops off added costers and we used floor laminate for the cutting surface. I recently added and fold down ironing surface to one end.
My machines sit on a secretary desk and because of the size or desk and CT they are close and I can just turn from sewing to ironing. It is amazing. Thank you DH. Love it.

I use the landscape box, looks like it has 2 hills and a sun.
Thank you Kassaundra! I too use that icon too, I just couldn't figure out how to get them from computer to here. But I got it!
he.gif

Last edited:
Great job, they look awesome. I love "stack and wack" years ago I thought I invented it until I saw someone wrote a book. lol If you don't have 6 repeats of a fabric you want to use you can do the same thing w/ 4 repeats and cut and sew squares instead of triangles. Still has the cool look just a few less repeats.
Thanks again! HHmmmm! Maybe you did invent it, and someone stole the idea!?
big_smile.png
Some one at the class was making the 4 patch. We all didn't use the same pattern. Some made fans. There was another pattern that some were making, I think the 8 patch. Another lady and I were the only 2 that made the hexagon. It all was so interesting! I like this technique best of all the quilt blocks I have made! Not that I have made many, but a few!

Back
Top Bottom