Christmas is coming early Hatch-A-Long!

Pics
So... I have news... I candled all the silkie eggs that I set Sunday morning, 3 have growth, 2 others look like they've quit, and I can't see anything in any of the others. I'll give them a few more days and check again. I looked at a few of the eggs from my flock and I couldn't see anything but a couple had dark looking yolks so I'm kinda hopeful I can see something in a few days through those green shells indicating life.

I know I warned everyone this was a risky hatch but I was so hopeful I'd have amazing news that all 14 eggs were well on their way 🥺

The 3 developing are:
@Shabby Chic-Hens Jovie
@Sally PB Star
@tlcmurphy Eggnog

The two quitters (I left them in and will check again Saturday to be 100% sure) but it sure looked like blood rings to my novice eyes.
@The Welch Chickens Candy Cane
@fluffycrow Nicholas

All the others, I didn't see any development, is there still a chance they could be started and just behind?

I'm bummed we don't have more developing, but excited we have the 3.

I didn't want to keep the top off the incubator any longer than necessary so I only took one photo. Everyone, meet Star!
20231130_200418.jpg

So... I have news... I candled all the silkie eggs that I set Sunday morning, 3 have growth, 2 others look like they've quit, and I can't see anything in any of the others. I'll give them a few more days and check again. I looked at a few of the eggs from my flock and I couldn't see anything but a couple had dark looking yolks so I'm kinda hopeful I can see something in a few days through those green shells indicating life.

I know I warned everyone this was a risky hatch but I was so hopeful I'd have amazing news that all 14 eggs were well on their way 🥺

The 3 developing are:
@Shabby Chic-Hens Jovie
@Sally PB Star
@tlcmurphy Eggnog

The two quitters (I left them in and will check again Saturday to be 100% sure) but it sure looked like blood rings to my novice eyes.
@The Welch Chickens Candy Cane
@fluffycrow Nicholas

All the others, I didn't see any development, is there still a chance they could be started and just behind?

I'm bummed we don't have more developing, but excited we have the 3.

I didn't want to keep the top off the incubator any longer than necessary so I only took one photo. Everyone, meet Star!
View attachment 3695110
Sorry about Candy Cane and Nicholas! :hugs
Fingers crossed the rest keep growing strong! :fl

:frow Hello Star!

Back
Top Bottom