Christmas is coming early Hatch-A-Long!

Pics
Alright, all the eggs are named! Thank you everyone 😃

Small footnote... I grabbed 4 EE eggs and 2 silkie eggs from my layer coop, I was thinking I had just taken the white silkie cockerels out last weekend, but it was actually 2 weekends ago. I do not know if these are fertile and I don't have enough to crack some open to check so... we have 6 more that I will be surprised if they grow, but, I have read hens can keep producing fertile eggs for 2 to 3 weeks after mating. We shall see! If a green egg starts to develop we will name it Grinch!

Here are the eggies snuggly tucked into their incubator! The temperature seems wonderfully stable, the lowest I've seen is 99.5, highest is 100. I have both water basins full, and fully open, vent is closed to the minimum, and the humidity is low 40s so it looks like I'll have a challenge during lockdown. Opposite problem as my July hatch when the ambient humidity in the house was in the 50s already.

Any Brinsea users with tips and tricks? At this point I have it set at 99.6 and turning every 45 min.

20231126_091910.jpg
20231126_160822.jpg

Here are the eggies snuggly tucked into their incubator! The temperature seems wonderfully stable, the lowest I've seen is 99.5, highest is 100. I have both water basins full, and fully open, vent is closed to the minimum, and the humidity is low 40s so it looks like I'll have a challenge during lockdown. Opposite problem as my July hatch when the ambient humidity in the house was in the 50s already.

Any Brinsea users with tips and tricks? At this point I have it set at 99.6 and turning every 45 min.

View attachment 3692118
View attachment 3692119
Looking good! ❤ 🥚 🥚

Back
Top Bottom