Christmas is coming early Hatch-A-Long!

Pics
I need to start proof reading my typing, this phone autocorrents them to then, and to ans, it has some REALLY annoying quirks that add to my typing too fast without proofing 😮‍💨
I think all phones do that, don't they? That's why I like using a desktop as then if there's a typo, it's all on me and Grammarly inserts its opinion on everything I type everywhere.

I need to start proof reading my typing, this phone autocorrents them to then, and to ans, it has some REALLY annoying quirks that add to my typing too fast without proofing 😮‍💨
Isn't posting first, then proof reading after, the proper way to do it? Thats my MO for sure. :gig

Mine does fun things like bantam is batman and broody gets changed to bloody.

My "broody" hen is sitting in an empty nest reads a WHOLE lot different when broody is changed to bloody! 😳

I think all phones do that, don't they? That's why I like using a desktop as then if there's a typo, it's all on me and Grammarly inserts its opinion on everything I type everywhere.
I asume I may have too show u wut I mean.

1701049532005.png

I have one of those and had opposite issues at first with keeping the humidity down so I took those sponge things out of both ends. Then it went down to 45/50 which is where I wanted it. I've run it for several batches without those sponges in and it seems okay that way.

I never hatched in mine though as I always had multiple batches in there so 3 days ahead I would transfer the ones due to hatch to the NR360 with the turner rack out and a rubber shelf liner mat in it.

Yours seems like it's doing great!
Mine doesn't have sponges? Setting 56 eggs at once isn't likely to happen so I was thinking of doing staggered hatches and hatching in my friends NR360s because I doubt I'll have more than 12 to 18 eggs per week from my silkies.

Mine doesn't have sponges? Setting 56 eggs at once isn't likely to happen so I was thinking of doing staggered hatches and hatching in my friends NR360s because I doubt I'll have more than 12 to 18 eggs per week from my silkies.
I got mine used so the seller had cut something that looked like furnace filters into those slots and said she used those in place of the sponges. So I'm not sure really, but those vessels at each end that have that plastic screen-looking thing that snaps in place are empty. Yours must be too then. Yours works fine, mine works fine. Who needs sponges lol.

I'm starting with, I believe, 3 hens and a roo in February if possible. I figure two eggs per day is at least one dozen a week. I will hold until I have 18 eggs then set (hoping that in the end, there's at least a baker's dozen of fuzzy butts.)

I got mine used so the seller had cut something that looked like furnace filters into those slots and said she used those in place of the sponges. So I'm not sure really, but those vessels at each end that have that plastic screen-looking thing that snaps in place are empty. Yours must be too then. Yours works fine, mine works fine. Who needs sponges lol.

I'm starting with, I believe, 3 hens and a roo in February if possible. I figure two eggs per day is at least one dozen a week. I will hold until I have 18 eggs then set (hoping that in the end, there's at least a baker's dozen of fuzzy butts.)
I'm hoping to have my own eggs to set starting in July. I'll have Chonkers (satin paint split to chocolate) with two chocolate frizzles, and JetPack (black split to chocolate) with some BBS pullets. I have 1 partridge and 1 white that I don't know what it actually is genetically that I'm not sure what I'll do with them. Plus black and blue copper marans and OEs from my friend.

Back
Top Bottom