Christmas Rant ******

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Boyd, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    so 3 of my foster kids are visiting with family during either part of or all of today. Christmas is a big deal for me and always has been. I start cooking at 5am and usually end at 4pm when folks are hungry and ready to eat. I have 2 kiddos that are ALWAYS trying to skate out to be with a boyfriend or biological family (since they are 18 it's cool) on birthdays and holidays. Today another one wanted to visit a biological sister and we had already had a conversation about it..

Basically her christmas dinner is scheduled during the exact same time as ours is. I told DD that she can go if she can find her own ride to and from either before or after ours. Well guess how it ended up? Only time she could get a ride is before and then after our party. I told her she was going to miss it and she basically said oh well.

That's it. I am done. Folks, kids family members... you want to skip out on us celebrating birthdays and holidays then you are also skipping out on gifts and any leftovers from close to 11 hours worth of cooking. When DD comes home she can make herself some cold cuts. She will stay out of the cookies, finger food, and I am very tempted to take back her present I was planning on letting her open today during the party. Skip out on the family... [​IMG]

Ok, maybe I'm just mad at the moment but I am tired of either giving belated or trying to scramble around their schedules. They live here so it isn't the same as a kid who's moved out and has their own family.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I know what you are saying boyd.... trust me i know.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    [​IMG] Youll save her something good just so she will know what she missed [​IMG]

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    HAHA!!!!! Sorry to laugh, but my 18 year old is giving us about the same treatment these days!! Makes ya wanna squish them doesn't it?!?! At least now I know I'm not alone! Thanks!

5. randomchick

randomchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Prescott, Ontario
    Well from one mother to another, I appreciate you and everything you stand for.
    Mothers seem to be the most unappreciated, especially when everyone else relaxes for the holiday and you slave over the stove and house and them.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] I am not sure they realize just how blessed they are to have you guys as their parents. I bust my rear too, and thankfully everyone is willing to show up. I think none of them know how to cook, so twice a year they get a good meal.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Boyd is a boy cook [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    I understand being let down by this. I have certainly suffered as a step-kid and as a step-mom, so I know that these extended family schedules are hard. [​IMG]

Please take the high road on this. You won't regret it.

9. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Awww Boyd!

Someday though, what you have instilled in them will come home to them.

In the meantime... [​IMG] darned teenagers!

10. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I think the high road is to let them choose their family... I may feel better a little later, but 3:30 is too early for a beer. I think I'm gonna have a wee nip of the whiskey and laugh it off if I can.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by