Chronicles of Raising Meat Birds - Modern Broilers, Heritage and Hybrids

I wondered if smaller birds could be done like quail is done. Snip along the back and everything comes out in one fell swoop. Easy peasy!
Or so I understand...the video I saw went from the head off phase to a finished cleaned quail in about 3 minutes. This included plucking too. (actually just rubbing the feathers off)
Yes, when I part out and saved the backs, I cut the backs out and dumped the gutse

Yes, when I part out and saved the backs, I cut the backs out and dumped the gutse
Well, that sounds like the way for me to go. I don't really need the birds to stay whole and was already planning to skin instead of plucking anyway. So maybe just once in a while or when I need a large whole one for a roast, I can do it the traditional way.
Thank you!

Well, that sounds like the way for me to go. I don't really need the birds to stay whole and was already planning to skin instead of plucking anyway. So maybe just once in a while or when I need a large whole one for a roast, I can do it the traditional way.
Thank you!
Oxo poultry shears work great for cutting out back

Wow, lots of you like slicing the jugular... I do not like that way. I feel like it prolongs things. One swift chop with my hatchet and everything is done with. The move less and it is less mess in my opinion. I did the kill cone and slicing, it was not my favorite method.
I just like them to bleed out well. This did it for me.

Back
Top Bottom