Cinnamon Queen 7-8wks old-curled toe?

Ladygrey17

In the Brooder
May 25, 2022
One of our Cinnamon Queens we got from Tractor Supply...
1) it’s interesting the other one has a normal comb. This one with curled toe has a flat wide ridge where her comb would be? Idk.
2)just noticed yesterday, far right toe on right leg... left in the pic... is curled up and she keeps walking on it like that. She’s acting like it normal. I picked her up and looked around it and moved it. No reaction. She seemed fine.
What could that be?

Attachments

• F4EDAFF3-9201-44DE-8276-BE3E2976A23E.jpeg
    F4EDAFF3-9201-44DE-8276-BE3E2976A23E.jpeg
    408.3 KB · Views: 24
  • F4B8A530-0BF6-4BE3-A130-D1A20C62E698.jpeg
    F4B8A530-0BF6-4BE3-A130-D1A20C62E698.jpeg
    632.4 KB · Views: 13
The toe probably was due to an incubation or temperature fluctuation, and it will be that way permanently. If you had seen it in the first day or two, it might have been taped in place and fixed. It could be that the chicken is a breed with a pea comb. Feed store chicks can be mixed up in the bins, and also combs from hatchery chicks can sometimes not always measure up to normal.

The toe probably was due to an incubation or temperature fluctuation, and it will be that way permanently. If you had seen it in the first day or two, it might have been taped in place and fixed. It could be that the chicken is a breed with a pea comb. Feed store chicks can be mixed up in the bins, and also combs from hatchery chicks can sometimes not always measure up to normal.
Okay thank you! I was looking through older pics when it was younger and it wasn’t the same or I just didn’t notice it then...
Well I guess nothing serious just a little disadvantage. And they are already the smallest (at least so far). But thank you again.

Attachments

• 0E0D7CF6-A2E8-4FCC-8096-59AEDAD085D5.jpeg
    0E0D7CF6-A2E8-4FCC-8096-59AEDAD085D5.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 0FF8B375-828B-4F9F-821C-A43F060F1A23.jpeg
    0FF8B375-828B-4F9F-821C-A43F060F1A23.jpeg
    575.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 27B4D530-A2BC-4408-B7B4-BED58EADEEBB.jpeg
    27B4D530-A2BC-4408-B7B4-BED58EADEEBB.jpeg
    401.7 KB · Views: 13
1) it’s interesting the other one has a normal comb. This one with curled toe has a flat wide ridge where her comb would be? Idk.
2)just noticed yesterday, far right toe on right leg... left in the pic... is curled up and she keeps walking on it like that. She’s acting like it normal. I picked her up and looked around it and moved it. No reaction. She seemed fine.
What could that be?
You can try to flatten her toes by using some methods her is a video for you

What could that be?
It might not be too late to treat her and keep her foot in that for 3 days at least

Just my opinion, but trying to reposition crooked toes after the first week could cause a lot of pain and still not be successful. Once the cartilage and bone harden, they are not going to straighten out unless you break them, and that is not done. Taping and flattening works well on a chick in the first days, but not at this age.

I will watch the video and see what you are both talking about. Thank you for your concern. I definitely don’t want to cause her any pain. She acts like she’s got nothing wrong with her.
Thank you for the video resource!

I will watch the video and see what you are both talking about. Thank you for your concern. I definitely don’t want to cause her any pain. She acts like she’s got nothing wrong with her.
Thank you for the video resource!
No proble,could you also send updates on your chick because I do really worry about her:)

Back
Top Bottom