Cinnamon Rolls??

My birds get everything, including bread that may or may not have sugary bits. That's rare, though, like once every few years rare. I don't eat sugary stuff myself much and when I do there's no leftovers. :lau While not good as a regular diet part, it's not going to kill them once. I am not going to waste food when it could go to the birds.

I feed my birds as many scraps as I have to give them, which can range from 2 bushels worth of corn cobs to just a half a piece of lettuce, depending on the day and availability.

I think that because scraps are pretty constant in my birds' diet they do not pig out as much as others might that rarely get any. Also, I free range, so eating out of boredom is not an issue.

Last edited:
My birds get everything, including bread that may or may not have sugary bits. While not good as a regular diet part, it's not going to kill them once. I am not going to waste food when it could go to the birds.

I feed my birds as many scraps as I have to give them, which can range from 2 bushels worth of corn cobs and a half watermelon to just a half a piece of lettuce.
I think that because scraps are pretty constant in my birds' diet they do not pig out as much as others might that rarely get any. Also, I free range, so eating out of boredom is not an issue.

I feed my birds scraps too, and they seem pretty healthy. I don't think that scraps really hurt birds, as long as its not a great deal of junk food or anything.
My guinea fowl do love french fries though, and cheese puffs, but that's a once a year thing. :)

Most veggie and fruit scraps are good though, right?
Not true IMHO.

Fruits and veggies are often high in water content and low in nutrients. People give lettuce thinking their birds are getting greens in their diet. Wrong, look at the nutritional content, it isn't much. And very often people don't realize that chickens LIKE meat! Anything that you give in excess can diminish their overall health EVEN if it goes unnoticed.

Next time, I suggest freezing the cinnamon rolls for your own family before they become stale. According to experts, freezing and not refrigerating will give you the best end result when it comes to bread products. You can even do single serving size packs. Or pack them up and send 'em here! :drool

Not true IMHO.

Fruits and veggies are often high in water content and low in nutrients. People give lettuce thinking their birds are getting greens in their diet. Wrong, look at the nutritional content, it isn't much. And very often people don't realize that chickens LIKE meat! Anything that you give in excess can diminish their overall health EVEN if it goes unnoticed.

Next time, I suggest freezing the cinnamon rolls for your own family before they become stale. According to experts, freezing and not refrigerating will give you the best end result when it comes to bread products. You can even do single serving size packs. Or pack them up and send 'em here! :drool
You can make bread pudding out of Cinnimon Rolls that have gone stale but not Moldy or Hockey pucks?...lol

Not true IMHO.

My chickens like meat a lot, but I don't give it to them very often. They steal meat scraps from my dogs though. :)

Back
Top Bottom