10 Years
Nov 8, 2009
Port Charlotte, Florida
44215_picture_044.jpg

44215_picture_083.jpg

44215_picture_172.jpg

44215_picture_169.jpg

44215_picture_170.jpg

My husband is from New York and has never been around animals. He has endured my chicken madness and has shared my interest in our new coop. Work in progress. He saw a post about a lady who built her coop from old pallets and next thing I know we rented a u-haul and picked up tons of 4x4 and10x4 pallets. We have decided not to use them and went with fence panels instead. Needless to say, my yard is covered with pallets that need a new home. The coop is coming along .........can't wait and I bet my 6 hens will be thrilled to get out of the rabbit hutch they have been sleeping in a night.
Oh, our door was given to me by my dad who got it off a huge house he was building, the owners got it from the Ringling Mansion in Sarasota.

Looks great!!! Good idea to use the fence sections, probably less work this way. And I love the door!!!! Ideal look for your Florida backyard!! Nice and big, sure you only have 6 hens???. I used to live in Tampa, somedays I miss my old yard there......

welcome-byc.gif
from Alaska

Nice Door......
you could use the pallets for another project, or maybe a windbreak for their run....

Nice looking Coop...

Back
Top Bottom