City vs County?

Remdim

Hatching
Sep 12, 2016
Hello! I just moved to a new area and am trying to fulfill my 8-year dream of owning backyard chickens. In researching this area it appears that a) my HOA has nothing to say on it, b) my city is not very accepting (but somewhat ambiguous), and c) my county recently voted to allow it. Who overrides who regarding ordinances? If the county allows it and the city denies it is the city the final say? Or vise-versa?

My sources: previous BYC forum (link) and news article (link).

Thanks for your input in advance!

If you are inside the city limits the city regulations are the deciding factor for you -- being allowed in the county at large has no impact on that.

Hello! I just moved to a new area and am trying to fulfill my 8-year dream of owning backyard chickens. In researching this area it appears that a) my HOA has nothing to say on it, b) my city is not very accepting (but somewhat ambiguous), and c) my county recently voted to allow it. Who overrides who regarding ordinances? If the county allows it and the city denies it is the city the final say? Or vise-versa?

My sources: previous BYC forum (link) and news article (link).

Thanks for your input in advance!

i would say the city-- since it's always like this with laws/rules/regulations

federal <-- state <-- county <-- city <-- community

i think this is the ladder you have to go to

locally.. if the HOA has nothing to say then it's up to the city

since even if the city allows chickens and the community (hoa) says no then it's a no..

so even if the county says yes.. and the city says no.. then it's a no imo.

Back
Top Bottom