1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

CL ad about Serama's

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by schellie69, May 7, 2011.

1. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    I am posting a link to this ad I saw on CL it is about Serama's I don't know anything about them but I wanted to see if this ad is true or is someone just blowing smoke to make sales. I hope this is the right place to post this. Thanks for any help.
    http://topeka.craigslist.org/grd/2367580767.html

2. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Basically true, except the suggestion that it is a great idea to crossbreed. I believe I recognize the photo, though, as belonging to an SCNA member who does not live in Kansas. I am going to contact this person to ensure that the photo is legit, but if it isn't, I wouldn't buy from someone who won't use his own birds in a pic.

3. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Quote:Thank you the ad just did not sound right to me. To much oh how special and great and expensive this chickens are. I guess I am just not a very trusting person anymore.

4. ruthless

ruthless Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Mount Vernon, Mo
    I don't know who that person is but I have seen them advertise several times over the past few months on CL in the Topeka section, same location Burlington/WAverly.

5. YB192004

YB192004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Quote:That pic belongs to Jerry S (not sure how to spell his last name) in LA, there is a breeder in my state use the same pic when I ask for picture of his for sale.

6. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    No, a breeder in Maryland has it as his avatar on SCNA, and he's not selling tons of birds right now, as far as I know.

7. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Ive seen that picture in tons of places, it was n the St. Louis craiglists a few months ago.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by