"Cleanest" butcher for taxidermy?

I have a guinea hen at the taxidermist now and a chicken in the freezer who is destined for the same fate. Both of mine died naturally.

Strangulation and electrocution are beyond inhumane. Imo, cervical dislocation or just a cone and a sharp knife would work.

I shy away from ether just because asphyxiation would be a horrendous way to go, if it's done incorrectly. I have heard of a couple people that seem to have gotten it right however.

@electrycmonk please share your Silkie story.

Most ducks are shot gunned. The feathers do well hiding the holes on a mount and a good taxidermist will work with what they have. Talk with your taxidermist and see what they suggest. Cervical dislocation or slitting the throat is quick and humane.

Will you skin yourself and process the meat? The taxidermist may want to do that personally. Saving the hide is an art and different people handle the wings differently.

I have a guinea hen at the taxidermist now and a chicken in the freezer who is destined for the same fate. Both of mine died naturally.

Strangulation and electrocution are beyond inhumane. Imo, cervical dislocation or just a cone and a sharp knife would work.

I shy away from ether just because asphyxiation would be a horrendous way to go, if it's done incorrectly. I have heard of a couple people that seem to have gotten it right however.

@electrycmonk please share your Silkie story.
I'll have to gather the link 1st.... I'll try to get back to this later tonight. Okay?

Back
Top Bottom