"Cleanest" butcher for taxidermy?

Pics
Hit them on the head to knock them out or to possibly kill them. This shouldn't break the skin. Then squeeze them tight for several minutes so they would be unable to breathe. Shouldn't be a problem.

It’s kinda hard to explain but I’ll do my best! So when you feel the back of their head close to their neck where it connects, there is a slight dip. I stick the needle in there and if you hit it right the needle will feel like it’s going into cartilage then go in just a little more and inject. (When I do this I stretch their neck out to feel it easier)
The purple line is where you stick the needle in
View attachment 2347210
I think this is most likely how I'm going to. Do you have any other advice or cautions to help me do it humanely?
Thank you VERY much for the help!

I'm going to go alcohol injection. Thank you everyone for all of the suggestions, I think this will be something I can do confidently. After that he's going to just go in the freezer until I can start this project this winter, I'm due with a baby in 3 weeks. But I want to get the roo taken care of now because unfortunately we've been having fox problems :(

I've seen the Hooded Mergansers in the swamp. Small and fast like the Teal. Very striking with the breeding plumage!

I like the one of the duck on the pond with the above and below aspect. Very nice presentation. Do you compete or is this a hobby?
Thanks! Yes I compete. The common merganser won 1st place, Best Choice in open division by Ducks Unlimited and best choice in open division by Knights Taxidermy :D
The alcohol injection is very interesting, I've never seen such a thing mentioned before. I wonder if that would be appropriate for butcher birds or not?
I was wondering that to because it is so simple. My friend who showed me how to do it said he would eat the birds after he killed them and said he never got sick. I was thinking of trying with some meat birds later this year
I can't believe you've only been doing this 4 years! Your birds are absolutely gorgeous and they look so natural. Beautiful work!
Thank you!
I think this is most likely how I'm going to. Do you have any other advice or cautions to help me do it humanely?
Thank you VERY much for the help!
Just be slow and calm. The spot is very small that you need to hit but it’s right in the dip if pointed like in the pic I posted. Let me know how this works. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom