Cleaning chook poop off ceramic???

Hamptons06

Songster
10 Years
Oct 26, 2009
North Atlanta
What can I use to remove the chook's poop off ceramic tiles?? I've tried a few things and it takes a lot of elbow grease. Any ideas?
hu.gif

I've never had to deal with this particular um, substance on tile, but when it gets stuck to the cage floors at work I usually get a paper towel, wet it, squirt a little dish soap on it then, place over the offending substance. Let it be good and wet. Now, go get a cup of coffee and take a well deserved break. 5-20 minutes later (how ever long your break needs to be, but not long enough for the towel to dry out) the poo should be softer and easier to wipe up. You may still have to scrub a bit, but no where near as hard as if you were trying to do it without the soaking. Than, use whatever disinfectant you normally use to wipe the area down.
I hope this works for you!
Happy Christmas!

Hot, Hot (boiling if possible) water and DISHWASHER detergent added to it.

Let it soak in.

Last edited:
Good suggestions. Letting it soak for a few min is good. Any liquid soap is great. A scrubby pad or scrub brush will do it then. I do my poop planks once or twice a year that way, out in the back yard near to the lawn hydrant. They are linoleum covered.

Suggestion: Re-grout your tile, and use dark brown grout when you do.
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom