Cleaning feeders/waterers

MissouriChick

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 11, 2009
Jefferson City, MO
I was curious as to what kind of brushes you all use to scrub your feeders/waterers? I got this thinish brush that you can use to scrub your grout with, thinking that it would be good for the tight areas but the bristles are too rigid and it takes forever to get the bigger areas really clean. Maybe those little squat brushes you can use to clean vegetables with?
What do you suggest?

Last edited:
I use "recycled" Scooby Dos (what we use on our pots/pans in the kitchen.) They work great and are easy to fold up and get in the tight little spaces.

I purchase the same type of scrubbers that I use for my pots and pans when I was dishes. I purchase separate scrubbers for the waterers and feeders. Works very well.

I use the teflon scrubbers as well. I get them at the dollar tree. I keep a set outside by the coops and one inside for the brooders. They clean very well and do not scratch the plastic.

I am also using my fingers and a hose. Seems to work good. I have a feeling though that I will be looking for a different method by mid November.
wink.png

I use a hose daily on my feeders and waters, unless they have not pooped on them that day, very rare that they haven't.
I wash in a big bleach and detergent bucket every few days.
Then I pressure wash the chick brooders when they need it, they stay pretty clean though, to bad to, I love to use a pressure washer!! Don't ask I'm weird.
hu.gif

I use those little green scrubby pads that you find at the dollar store...6 of them in a bunch. Isn't it wierd how the waterer can get slimy every single day? What IS that?

Back
Top Bottom