Cleaning Tripod Water Drinker

Gulliver

In the Brooder
Sep 29, 2020
Really struggling to clean my 40 litre tripod drinkers, what do people use to clean them?

I have tried, filling and leaving to soak for days with cleaner inside; filling and rolling around with loose stones inside, attaching a sponge to a pole but cannot reach all of inside, bendy duster but not strong enough, flexible bottle brush which was too flexible.

Any ideas gratefully received

Really struggling to clean my 40 litre tripod drinkers, what do people use to clean them?

I have tried, filling and leaving to soak for days with cleaner inside; filling and rolling around with loose stones inside, attaching a sponge to a pole but cannot reach all of inside, bendy duster but not strong enough, flexible bottle brush which was too flexible.

Any ideas gratefully received
I'm sorry that I'm not that familiar with a Tripod waterer. But, I use Vinegar in mine and let it sit a couple hours. Getting rid of everything in each curve and crease is impossible unless you use chlorine. Therefore, I use vinegar.

I'm sorry that I'm not that familiar with a Tripod waterer. But, I use Vinegar in mine and let it sit a couple hours. Getting rid of everything in each curve and crease is impossible unless you use chlorine. Therefore, I use vinegar.
Hi, do you use malt vinegar or white? I have tried to attach a picture of one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-06-19-32-13-24_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-06-19-32-13-24_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 6
Nice!
I use white vinegar to clean. I use vinegar with the "mother" in it for the chickens. It typically cost more is the reason I don't use the dark vinegar one to clean with.
Thanks for the advice, I will give the white vinegar a go tomorrow.

Fingers are crossed. I keep a gallon handy for cleaning my windows too!!
I live in Florida 3 miles from the ocean. The Salty air gets on my windows and the vinegar/water really clears them up nicely. Lol
I may Try that too!

Back
Top Bottom