Clear roofing..

Badhbh

Songster
12 Years
Nov 16, 2007
Southern Indiana
What do you call that clear wavy roofing stuff? It looks like tin but it's clear plastic. I'm having a helluva time finding any for my run roof.
sad.png

We have it on our 'Florida room' outside of the coop, but inside their pen. We found it at Home Depot. works great. Not sure about summertime. I suspect that I'll cover it up to keep the area shaded. Here's what it looks like now.

wintertime020.jpg

Do you have plastic covering your run? How is that working out? I think my chickies would like that a lot, they don't really enjoy the snow. (must take after me
roll.png
)

Tonya

Yup, I put plastic over the wire fencing. It keeps out the wind and the snow. You can see that the snow doesn't get in there at all.

ps. Since this photo I've got a latch that keeps the door open about 10 inches so that the chooks can come in and out. IF you only want to keep them inside, then you really should leave some of the top open to give enough cross-ventilation. I noticed that unless the door was a little open it can get humid inside.... and that's not good for the birds.

Otherwise, it works like a dream. I put straw down and it keeps the ground warm and the chickens get to scratch. I call it the 'Florida Room'.
tongue.png

Another idea that was suggested and seems to work really well. I got an old picnic table - a junk one. We hammered it together and it's fine for the birds and can hold their weight. I put plastic over the top and down the sides of it (stapled to the table) and threw some straw under it.

It took the chickens a couple of days to get the idea, but look at how excited they are to have a little sun room in the snow.
wintertime046.jpg

Ohhh! I was gonna pick some of that stuff up at the hardware store but los brutos that work there didnt know how to cut it to size, and I dont have any good cutting tools yet.

I squeezed the heck out of it and it pops right back into place with no creases or anything. i was impressed but i need a table saw or something to make use of it.

Back
Top Bottom