closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know after reading all the responses Mine included.... I bet you could actually charge admission.... LOL.
gig.gif
Id pay it and I am on the left coast.

Quote:
Now, you have just gived me some new ideas
wink.png
. Do you have ducks? Do they get along well with chickens? I was actually thinking to add two ducks in the group and make a little "pond" for them, and I know exactly the right spot for it. I am whirring for power the run and I'm bringing a water faucet in there as well (it will make it so much easier for me to have it there, I have already contacted a contractor for that)
I don't know anything about ducks. Could you tell me what is their sleeping preferences? as far as a coop or a house. Can you suggest any particular breed of ducks that will go well with a small back yard chicken group? How loud are they? Are they smart, like some chickens?
If I do decide to get some ducks, they will have access to the outside creek (when I'm outside).
With all the big run my chickens have, they are the most happy when they can run around my yard. I actually let them out at least once a day (usually in the morning) when I'm outside. I usually drink my coffee every morning with my chickens. For me it’s so relaxing to watch them running around. It just makes me so happy to see them....happy.
Thank you, Arianna

Last edited:
Quote:
wink.png
. Do you have ducks? Do they get along well with chickens? I was actually thinking to add two ducks in the group and make a little "pond" for them, and I know exactly the right spot for it. I am whirring for power the run and I'm bringing a water faucet in there as well (it will make it so much easier for me to have it there, I have already contacted a contractor for that)
I don't know anything about ducks. Could you tell me what is their sleeping preferences? as far as a coop or a house. Can you suggest any particular breed of ducks that will go well with a small back yard chicken group? How loud are they? Are they smart, like some chickens?
If I do decide to get some ducks, they will have access to the outside creek (when I'm outside).
With all the big run my chickens have, they are the most happy when they can run around my yard. I actually let them out at least once a day (usually in the morning) when I'm outside. I usually drink my coffee every morning with my chickens. For me it’s so relaxing to watch them running around. It just makes me so happy to see them....happy.
Thank you, Arianna

Ducks are 'quite' messy, most ducks e.g domestic ducks do not perch, they are normally fine with chickens, they prefer the chicken house to sleep in, females are louder than males, here are some pretty nice ducks...:
Indian Runner Duck
White Laying Duck
Welsh Harlequin
Khaki Campbell (Wild Duck over here in England)
Mallard (Wild again)
Call,
Aylesburry,
Campell...
Sorry I can't think of anymore are 8:30 in the morning
barnie.gif
. They are smart, they do not lay *many* eggs, depending on the breed. I personally do not have ducks, but I know quite a bit about them... I think
tongue.png

Hope this helps,

Rob.
Here!!! http://www.domesticducks.co.uk/breeds.html

OMG WOW what lucky chickens you have
big_smile.png
and that really is a brilliant idea!!! I dont have the room for it otherwise I would definitely do it!!! Good for you
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
wink.png
Thank you, Arianna

Ducks are 'quite' messy, most ducks e.g domestic ducks do not perch, they are normally fine with chickens, they prefer the chicken house to sleep in, females are louder than males, here are some pretty nice ducks...:
Indian Runner Duck
White Laying Duck
Welsh Harlequin
Khaki Campbell (Wild Duck over here in England)
Mallard (Wild again)
Call,
Aylesburry,
Campell...
Sorry I can't think of anymore are 8:30 in the morning
barnie.gif
. They are smart, they do not lay *many* eggs, depending on the breed. I personally do not have ducks, but I know quite a bit about them... I think
tongue.png

Hope this helps,

Rob.
Here!!! http://www.domesticducks.co.uk/breeds.html

Thank you Rob, that was very informative.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom