Clothesline

I Love, Love, Love my umbrella clothes line. Just make sure you let the concrete cure/dry long enough before you use it. I used ours too soon and foofed-up the pole in the ground. Had to reset it.
The smell of clothes on the line with fabric softener is out of this world!
I can't wait til the chicks are out in the yard while I hang clothes out.

Noted about the cement drying. I have the perfect spot picked out already.

My DH went to Home Depot and they were out. I'll have to check back next week
sad.png

Oh yeah, if you have nosy neighbors who have nothing better to do than look in your yard, here are some strategies:

-Put the unmentionables on the line closest to the house. Put towels and sheets on the line closest to the neighbor. This protects their delicate sensibilities. They will keep snooping in your yard, of course, and don't expect them to retire their binoculars.

-Put towels and sheets on the line that is second-closest to the neighbor, and use socks and stockings to spell out "Mind Your Own Business". They will at least pretend not to snoop in your yard if you do this. In your presence, anyway.

-Buy some really scary-looking, freaky underwear.
ep.gif
Hang it in a prominent place where your neighbor can clearly see it. Your neighbors will be slightly afraid of you and keep their kids out of your yard. Bonus points for having some means of making strange and bizarre noises emanate from your house.

Yeah. My neighbors love me.
big_smile.png

Quote:
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif

I think everyone has already mentioned any tips I might have had. I have to say, though, my clothes are less wrinkled since putting up my line--and I don't mind the "scratchiness". I don't notice it all with anything except my jeans, and after I've worn them a few minutes they soften right up.

I LOVE hanging laundry on my line.
big_smile.png
I've only used the dryer once since we put it up, and that was only because I ran out of diapers ( we use cloth) and it was raining outside. I needed some clean dipes in a hurry!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom