Cloudy Days in the Coop - My Adventures with Chickens.

*Ahem*
We want, if possible:
  • An infinite amount of chickens. (Split into three coops/groups - Meat, Egg, Pets)
  • 2 Horses (Minimum)
  • 4 Dogs (Minimum - Two for guarding/outdoor living, two for indoors)
  • 5 ducks (at least)
  • 12 Quail (At least)
  • 3 Geese (Minimum)
  • 4 Cats (Again...Minimum. Two outdoor, two indoor)
  • 4 Goats (Minimum...used for milk, fiber, and meat...maybe)
  • 4 Sheep (Minimum. For fiber, possibly meat, and cuteness)
  • 1 Cow (Minimum. Preferably Mini Jersey Cow, depends on family size, though)
  • 4 Alpacas (Minimum, For cuteness!! And their ridiculously soft fiber...)
  • 5 Rabbits. (Minimum. At least a couple of Angora rabbits for their soft fiber, and maybe meat rabbits? (If I have the heart...)
  • Honey Bees. (At least two hives!)
  • Pigs? Maybe, not sure though...
I love this list! A well-written goal is more likely to be achieved! Though I pity your animal sitter. XD

We need 123,456,789 mealworms
I nominate you to count them:gig

I know it’s been a while since I posted some pictures of my beautiful flock...in fact, I haven’t been all that active here on BYC, either.
But just as Spring reveals flowers after a long winter, it also inspires me to open up again, to blossom. I can’t make any guarantees to be consistent, but I can promise that I will try to share more about the lives of me, my chickens, and the simple things that surround us.
Here are just a few pictures, but be warned - the chickens aren’t used to having their pictures taken, and I’m not used to taking them! (So they aren’t going to be great, but they still capture their lives.)
Safaia enjoying the forest soil:

View attachment 3051296
Eclipse, my rooster:
View attachment 3051299
Our newest member of the flock, Joy 🥰:
View attachment 3051301
Samantha searching the grass for a snack:

View attachment 3051307
And then, because this post wouldn’t be complete without me bombarding you with plant pictures:

View attachment 3051311
View attachment 3051313

View attachment 3051309
Which picture is your favorite? I’d love to know! Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my pictures, and I hope that the rest of your day is filled with peace, hope, love, and joy! :hugs
As usual, GORGEOUS photos @Starburst! :D Joy is absolutely adorable!! :love I bet she's grown since this photo! Beautiful flowers too, green grass... thanks for sharing!! :hugs

I love this list! A well-written goal is more likely to be achieved! Though I pity your animal sitter. XD

I nominate you to count them:gig
The words about our animal sitter made me laugh so hard, especially seeing that we already have:
16 Chickens (With Joy it means 17)
2 Dogs
1 Hedgehog
1 Snail
3 Fish
2 Parakeets
1 Axolotl
Which totals to...27 pets! And our pet sitters already have trouble keeping track of our current animals...imagine if they had to take care of my homesteading menagerie! Assuming we had around 60 chickens, plus the minimum of our other animals, and four additional animals thrown in (Like a hedgehog or a fish), that would total to...112 animals! And, if we threw in the bees, which have around 20,000 per hive, that would total to around 40,112! and then, because I have to even the number by fives, I'd get another three animals so it would total to 40,115... :th
(I'm not an animal hoarder, I promise...:oops:)

Love the photos Starburst! Handsome roo, I'm glad you kept him! My roosters have some of the best personalities of my flock!
I gotta say, Joy's picture made me want to laugh and coo at her at the same time!

My favorite flower has got to be the Lilac! I can't wait for them to bloom!
Thank you so much! I'm really glad that I kept Eclipse as well. While he can be a little bossy with the girls, he's sweet at heart, and my flock wouldn't be the same without him. 😊

As usual, GORGEOUS photos @Starburst! :D Joy is absolutely adorable!! :love I bet she's grown since this photo! Beautiful flowers too, green grass... thanks for sharing!! :hugs
Thank you so much, Leyla! Some of the pictures aren't awesome, but it's been fund to capture the chicken's everyday moments again! I just adore Joy - she's such a sweet little chick! 🥰
(Although I secretly suspect that she's a cockerel in the making...)
Thank you for taking the time to look at the photos! I really appreciate it! :hugs

Thank you so much, Leyla! Some of the pictures aren't awesome, but it's been fund to capture the chicken's everyday moments again! I just adore Joy - she's such a sweet little chick! 🥰
(Although I secretly suspect that she's a cockerel in the making...)
Thank you for taking the time to look at the photos! I really appreciate it! :hugs
Your photos are always awesome Lucy, so much color and beauty! :love I thought the same thing too, when I first saw Joy, I thought, Cockerel!! :D Broodies love to hatch boys. :lol: I just love your photos Lucy, keep them coming! :hugs

Your photos are always awesome Lucy, so much color and beauty! :love I thought the same thing too, when I first saw Joy, I thought, Cockerel!! :D Broodies love to hatch boys. :lol: I just love your photos Lucy, keep them coming! :hugs
I'll try to get some more pictures for you soon, Leyla! ❤️
Have your broodies hatched a lot of roosters? :lol:

The words about our animal sitter made me laugh so hard, especially seeing that we already have:
16 Chickens (With Joy it means 17)
2 Dogs
1 Hedgehog
1 Snail
3 Fish
2 Parakeets
1 Axolotl
Which totals to...27 pets! And our pet sitters already have trouble keeping track of our current animals...imagine if they had to take care of my homesteading menagerie! Assuming we had around 60 chickens, plus the minimum of our other animals, and four additional animals thrown in (Like a hedgehog or a fish), that would total to...112 animals! And, if we threw in the bees, which have around 20,000 per hive, that would total to around 40,112! and then, because I have to even the number by fives, I'd get another three animals so it would total to 40,115... :th
(I'm not an animal hoarder, I promise...:oops:)
:th
Can you keep Axolotls as pets? I hadn't even heard of them till Minecraft added them XD

"You're not hoarding if it's books, it's a library." Change that to "It's not hoarding if it's animals, it's a farm!"

Back
Top Bottom