Clover and wild strawberry?

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
12 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Can the chicks have those? and at what age? Both grow in abundance all around the outside of the house. We don't use chemicals of any kind on our yard and these grow close to the house where my other animals don't tread. I don't want to feed them the wild berries, just the strawberry leaves.

hensdeliverthegoods

Songster
12 Years
Dec 18, 2007
Catawba County, NC
My chickens love, love, LOVE clover!! They about trample each other trying to get it when I pull some out of my front lawn to give it to them. I don't see any ill effects from it. Not sure about the wild strawberry, however...we're not as fortunate as you and don't have that available here.

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
12 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Well, being originally from NC, I was gonna say that...but I figured maybe catawba county was special or sumthin'

hens, at what age can I start giving them just a little?

RubberChickenLubber

Songster
12 Years
Oct 19, 2007
Newton, NC
Nope, I'm in Catawba County too. Maybe hensdeliver is in one of those special areas of Catawba. I don't think they'll hurt them. Just make sure they have grit available.

Cetawin

Chicken Beader
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NW Kentucky
My girls were not interested in any green stuff until they hit about 2 weeks...but they loved boiled and scrambled eggs at 3 or 4 days old.

Top Bottom