that must have been quite a storm as it made it into the news the other side of the pond, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46504527 ! Hope you are all keeping well :fl
The wind was really high last night. It blew over some heavy wooden benches outside (which did not get blown over during our recent hurricane). We have just been chucking the wood in the fire and wearing our onesies (inside and outside).
IMG_20181121_181454888.jpg

NorthEastern NC - We haven't had anymore snow here, but it has been cold, windy and rainy. We have 15 laying hens and gathered fourteen eggs yesterday. I can say 15 now because one of our Buff Orpingtons (Buffy) started laying yesterday. Our tiny little white bearded silkie started laying last week and yesterday she gave us a huge double yolk egg. I new it was hers, just by color. My husband just couldn't believe she could lay an egg that big, so he thought maybe one of the Buffs that are "rooming" with her laid it. I said that the egg shape was a little weird, so it was probably a double yolk...and it was. Poor "Iddle Biddle", she's a trooper. The first egg from the Buff was bigger than eggs from our most previous layers, a Australorpe and a Cuckoo Maran...their eggs seem to be small to medium (actually smaller than the Silkie's). I hope they level out soon, I was hoping to have more Australorpes, but not if the eggs are going to be so small. We just feel lucky that any pullets purchased in August and September are laying during the winter. I'm going to give them through the summer to level out.

Back
Top Bottom