Cob Chicken and Goat Houses?

sounds interesting, but i wouldnt doubt that the counties have regulations on that also
roll.png

Were pretty good here--as long as it is just a barn-type building. I think were allowed cob houses, they just have to pass inspection. I really don't know though. The barn shouldn't be a problem here though.

I did think about cob house, though I was going to use wood, but decided it was too labor intensive for me. Love the look though, be sure to post some photos once you finish.

Thx for the pdf, very interesting. Ive thought about this for awhile and like the idea and look of cob style buildings. I would do it a little differently though using stucco as the final layer, never seen or read of anyone doing it before, but it kinda makes sense right? I have built a few structures but nothing complete my interest wander but one day Id like to build a small house. The last thing I was looking into was a reciprocal roof, I really like how it looks and works so I had to build one. I built this little chicken coop, it works at keeping chicken in but I dont trust it keeping predators out so I dont really use it at least not at this point, really its just a product of my boredom at this point
tongue.png

333.jpg

Yea, stucco would look nice. That is a really cute coop. If you could fill the open areas with wire and stucco or something and leave the wood exposed, that would look so cool. Might eventually rot but it would be awesome-looking.

I dont only think stucco would look nice but I would think it would hold up better. I think I would probly go with something like wattle and dab before I used wire as a reinforcement if only cause its doesnt cost anything. It will definitely rot, if you take the bark off the wood will last longer though.

Back
Top Bottom