Cocci, is it inevitable?

Quote: I don't think it affects the taste at all and I do eat raw garlic myself, however some folks swear it is noticeable in the eggs and these are often those who can't stand it raw themselves.

Most of the time though, birds that are never freeranged nor fed enough greens (if any) are the ones who are blamed for garlic-flavored eggs, in which case I would expect it is sulfur they are speaking of, and I think it's due to them lacking the chlorophyll's sweetening and freshening detoxifier effects on the bird's flesh and eggs.

If you never want to see coccidiosis, you can't go past raw garlic, in my experience. Never had a single case, unlike pretty much everyone else. Building natural immunity is necessary and when combined with natural herbs to assist the body, there won't be any problems as some people are having.

I'm not an expert by any means, though. But I find self-proclaimed experts are some of the most close-minded, ignorant people I've ever met. So I hope to never consider myself an expert. ;)

In the wild they self-medicate; in captivity or domesticity we need to make sure the natural feed items they medicate themselves with are available as part of the diet, since we cause them to live in unnaturally dense populations on the same area of ground often permanently. Of course, some people prefer man made medications; best wishes to everyone with whatever they've found works for them. Each to their own.

Quote:
O.K.
I only have 29 chickens at the moment, they have a fair enough amount of room to roam about in.

When I am adding dirt to the brooder, should I get the dirt from my flocks run or any where in the garden? or both?
I shall try and get some Corid and some medicated chick feed.
Thanks all for the help
big_smile.png
!!!

Back
Top Bottom