cocci possitive, started sulmet today and now am worried

I am in the midst of a Cocci battle myself. My MFA had both Corid and Sulmet. I knew both were used for treating Cocci, but have never read any pros or cons about either. The Sulmet was a few bucks cheaper and being *frugal*, I was going to get that. But I did talk to the MFA guy first and decided to get Corid instead. All he told me was that more people think the Corid works better.....and that's what I wanted.

I agree that no matter what, use one of them to save your chickens. I, too, got into this for the eggs not realizing how much I would fall in love with them. I wouldn't care if I never got another egg from any of them as long as I could save their lives. I'd just get more chickens!!
ya.gif

I really really feel for you, OP. I hope upon hope all works out well!
hugs.gif

I have been to the feed store several times. I have it at 1 hour 15. I'm guessing google must be wrong or maybe it is because you dont have a specific address? I dont know if you should switch or not. I would recommend PMing Dawg53. He answers ALL PMs. He is very knowlegeable and has been very helpful to me. He could probably tell you what would be best. Good luck and keep us posted!

UPDATE:

todays one girl is being by herself in the coop. not interested in much. wobbly when walking accoss perch. the rest look mostly fine, just a little run down. poops still yucky, runny but not totally full of blood like before. i guess that is a good sign. i have changed pro-biotics to the regular food creating a mash instead of in the water with the sulmet as per reckomended. cleaned coop again, trying to keep as clean as possible. it rained hard last night to run is pretty much clear now too, thanks mother nature
smile.png

felicia

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom