Ninjamonkyy

In the Brooder
Oct 1, 2017
Hi,
I apologize for talking about quail but I believe this problem can also happen in chickens?

I have two quails that are about a week old. There was a third one that died suddenly. He started to huddle up in a corner, his eyes closed and head droopy. He would even do this in my hand. His walking was fine until towards the end when it suddenly became unbalanced. I also noticed some weight loss. He died later on. My other two are now starting to show some of the same symptoms, and they are also standing on one leg which I've never seen them do (not sure if relevant). They're still eating and drinking, but I've not noticed any blood or anything in their poop, which I read was one of the symptoms. They haven't lost any weight either (yet). Could anyone say what this is? What could I do to treat them?

Photos can help people too so post some if you can!

Attachments

• IMG_4301.JPG
    IMG_4301.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 3
Not sure what the brooder temp is, it's one of those adjustable height ones, but they're always slightly warm to the touch. They're just on regular chick crumb, expiry date is in two months so should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom