Coccidiosis emiera

Hi newb here, found this BYC article in yahoo search; "Coccidiosis & How To Treat It" by willowbranchfarm. my 3 buff orps & 2 guineas look lethargic & not eating (guineas ate some) & noticed bloody poop in chicken coop. No local help or referrals, nor a recommended vet, so I figured cant hurt to do a Carid treatment, can it? also cleaned grounds & applied the hydrated lime. Article stated to change everyday??? Presume water with meds? I have a clean closed one gallon bottle with 2 tickle drippers. DO I still need to change everyday? Thanks ahead of time.

No, but if I did and it proved too difficult to make fresh daily I would buy some waterers.

-Kathy

That's my point, I do have the waterers, so then I could leave alone? (NOT change daily) My birds take approx. 1 week to go through the gallon.

If you think you have coccidiosis and are going to treat it, I strongly suggest that you buy something that will allow you to make a fresh batch each day. That's the obvious thing to do, right?

-Kathy

So to answer your original question, yes, you need to make a fresh batch each day. Additionally, if you have some that aren't drinking enough you need to figure out how to get more into them. Many people will make a mash using crumbles and medicated water.

-Kathy

So to answer your original question, yes, you need to make a fresh batch each day. Additionally, if you have some that aren't drinking enough you need to figure out how to get more into them. Many people will make a mash using crumbles and medicated water.

-Kathy

Thank you for the mash tip, I was worried about how to get medication in them. And not trying to be smart, but trying to learn, fresh batch of water/med, because medication is not present over 24 hours or water get contaminated? Thanks again for all your help.

Yes, I did the mash this am, along with the medicated water. Thank You. But the fresh batch of water/med everyday? Is because?? the medication dissipates? or goes inactive?

Back
Top Bottom