Coccidiosis Help

Crazy Chicken Boy

In the Brooder
Jan 16, 2024
I have had a recent outbreak of coccidiosis in my flock. I have been treating their water with Corid solution. I have cleaned the coop and burned all the manure. I sprayed down the coop with vinegar and a 10% ammonia solution and limited access to wild birds as much as possible. It has been about 2 weeks since I cleaned the coop and I still have several chickens with bloody stools. I'm not sure what to do from here. I also have new chicks coming in may and would like to keep some of my old hens however I don't want to infect my new chicks. What should I do?

I have had a recent outbreak of coccidiosis in my flock. I have been treating their water with Corid solution. I have cleaned the coop and burned all the manure. I sprayed down the coop with vinegar and a 10% ammonia solution and limited access to wild birds as much as possible. It has been about 2 weeks since I cleaned the coop and I still have several chickens with bloody stools. I'm not sure what to do from here. I also have new chicks coming in may and would like to keep some of my old hens however I don't want to infect my new chicks. What should I do?
Photos of the poop?
How are the birds acting?
How old are they?

Check to make sure you have been giving the correct dose of Corid (written below). If you have and you still see bloody poop, then order some Toltrazuril and treat them with that.

Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.

Photos of the poop?
How are the birds acting?
How old are they?

Check to make sure you have been giving the correct dose of Corid (written below). If you have and you still see bloody poop, then order some Toltrazuril and treat them with that.

Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.
My hens are going to be 2 years old on May 8th I have been dosing the corid correctly according to your information. I do not have pictures of the poop but I can get some.

Back
Top Bottom