Coccidiosis if Treated as Chicks

dorkings

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 21, 2011
New Hampshire
I have a hen that is acting all droopy we brought her in yesterday and she ate some canned corn and perked back up. Today the same thing so I brought her in again. We Fed them feed treated for coccidiosis for at least 8 weeks when we got them as day olds. Poo is runny and not eating today.
idunno.gif

Thanks.

Hi, you need to give more information, if you go to the beginning of "Emergencies......." there's a sticky that has a list of questions to answer.

Thanks seminolewind for the tip. She is a 7 month old Dorking and is the only one displaying this listlessness behavior that she came out of yesterday. When I went down to feed and water this morning I did not notice anything but this afternoon she was by herself and did not come over for treats. I have her in the house and have not seen her eat or drink yet. Her poop in not as runny as yesterday. Thank you in advance.

Chickens can get coccidiosis even if on medicated feed. I believe there are several kinds, like 6 kinds and only one has bloody stool. The others, the chickens are not eating, they huddle with their feathers puffed out. You look at them and they LOOK sick. You may want to think about that, too.

Again thank you, I am off to get coccidiosis meds in the morning. She has decided to roost on a small desk for the night so we decided to leave her there.

Back
Top Bottom