Coccidiosis? Or something else?

IMG_4089.jpeg
IMG_4090.jpeg

Coccidia? Looks like it to me.

Things are pretty much the same. He may be slightly less active but he’s not really deteriorating. I don’t know what’s going on
Coccidia? Looks like it to me.
Continue to treat for coccidiosis, but I don't know what else the other symptoms indicate.

Also keep in mind that even healthy birds will usually have some coccidia in their system, it's normal and not a problem as long as the loads stay low.

24 hours later and he seems both perkier and more sluggish at the same time. He has no problem fighting me when I scoop him up, no problem eating, no problem kicking shavings into the water every time I leave the room after cleaning it out, but he’s still very much hunched up and doesn’t do much else. Granted, there’s not a lot for him to do in the house away from his big siblings. He’s in the baby box with some 4 and 2 week olds. (They were exposed to each other before symptoms started and everyone, indoors and outdoors are getting treated, so don’t come at me lol). But it’s cold, rainy and EXTREMELY windy here, and since he’s the worst of the 2 that are symptomatic, inside he stays. He has seemed to stop with the whole gaping/crop adjusting thing. Time will tell, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom