Coccidosis or Intestinal shedding?

TaylorLD

In the Brooder
Oct 10, 2022
Does this chicken poop look like intestinal shedding or should I be treating my flock with Corid for coccidosis?

Everyone seems to be acting normally, energetic and following their regular routine. There is one bird that I notice a but puffier than normal, but our weather just changed and it’s colder and she’s only 16 weeks old and growing still

Attachments

• 3CFD7E91-C78E-4E8C-88BD-73EAD90E00E5.jpeg
    3CFD7E91-C78E-4E8C-88BD-73EAD90E00E5.jpeg
    885.6 KB · Views: 69
It's intestinal shedding, but I'd go ahead and treat the whole flock with Corid.
There's a lot of mucous and you have 1 that is puffed up.

It's always a good idea to get a fecal float to see if worms may be part of the issue as well.

Liquid Corid is 2tsp or Powdered Corid is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7days as the only source of drinking water. Don't add any extra supplements or vitamins that contain B1(Thiamine) to food/water during the course of treatment.

I have the same question. My flock has been healthy and happy with no extreme issues. I was out feeding and cleaning this morning and one of my flock started pooping and trying to get away from the others because they wanted to eat her poop. I wondered if it were worms or something but I saw red come out of her. I scooped her up and brought her in to isolate her, give her an epsom salt bath and examine her. I put some yogurt with grated carrot in her kennel after the bath. She is eating and drinking. She seems so content. I waited for a poop and this is what it looked like. I just read about intestinal shedding so of course I want it to be that and not the coccidiosis. Can anyone help me identify? Thank you in advance. I love my flock. This was scary.

Attachments

• 20221220_090450.jpg
    20221220_090450.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 36
I have the same question. My flock has been healthy and happy with no extreme issues. I was out feeding and cleaning this morning and one of my flock started pooping and trying to get away from the others because they wanted to eat her poop. I wondered if it were worms or something but I saw red come out of her. I scooped her up and brought her in to isolate her, give her an epsom salt bath and examine her. I put some yogurt with grated carrot in her kennel after the bath. She is eating and drinking. She seems so content. I waited for a poop and this is what it looked like. I just read about intestinal shedding so of course I want it to be that and not the coccidiosis. Can anyone help me identify? Thank you in advance. I love my flock. This was scary.
You have replies on your thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ing-the-poop-scared-me.1557806/#post-26396081

Back
Top Bottom