Cocciodosis?:(

ILoveBabySilkies

Songster
Apr 21, 2020
WPB, FL
Hey everyone so recently I added two new chicks into my second flock of 3 and my BO and EE we’re treating them fine just a little bit of dominance pecking. On the other hand Kim K my white leghorn was being extremely bossy and not letting them eat or drink so I put her in time out(a little cage inside the coop where she couldn’t get to the newbies). Today I noticed red in her poop and I thought it might be intestinal lining but it was in all her feces, I do not know if shed lining shows up in more than one poop but I really hope it’s not Cocciodosis. Don’t worry I’m changing her bedding now😵
F073B4E1-02CF-4DAD-ACE2-4652704781BE.jpeg

I would say that looks like blood, not intestinal lining. Go get some Corid at your feed store right away, and start treatment in the water. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid Corid, or 1.5 tsp of the powder, per gallon of water for 7 days. Treat all birds and change water every day.

I would say that looks like blood, not intestinal lining. Go get some Corid at your feed store right away, and start treatment in the water. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid Corid, or 1.5 tsp of the powder, per gallon of water for 7 days. Treat all birds and change water every day.
I will thank you, I didn’t know this could happen even while feeding medicated.(Unless there are different strains of cocciodosis)

I’m on my way get corid now, there is now bloody poops in my second coop that was separated by wire. Kim K still doesn’t look great this morning and my Dominique in the second coop is starting to get lethargic. If there is no liquid corid at the feed store but there is powder corid, how would I use it?

I’m on my way get corid now, there is now bloody poops in my second coop that was separated by wire. Kim K still doesn’t look great this morning and my Dominique in the second coop is starting to get lethargic. If there is no liquid corid at the feed store but there is powder corid, how would I use it?
You use it the sane way...you will mix it with water.

Go get something snd report back with which one you buy.

Ok I’m back the only one they had was powder this one.
42E1209A-3D7E-4315-A3E3-43F20D71DE73.jpeg

It says for calves but I’m guessing I can still use it for chickens. I need help with the dosage since it only has it for cattle. Also do I need to withdrawal the medicated feed or can I keep feeding that while supplying the corid? How many days, 7 right?

I'm sorry your question wasn't answered.
Ok I’m back the only one they had was powder this one.View attachment 2354541
It says for calves but I’m guessing I can still use it for chickens. I need help with the dosage since it only has it for cattle. Also do I need to withdrawal the medicated feed or can I keep feeding that while supplying the corid? How many days, 7 right?
Powdered Corid dosage is 1 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water. Give as the only source of drinking water for 5-7 days.

Don't add anything else to the water except the Corid.

Keep us posted on how they are doing and get some more photos of their poop too please.

Powdered Corid dosage is 1 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water. Give as the only source of drinking water for 5-7 days.

Don't add anything else to the water except the Corid.

Keep us posted on how they are doing and get some more photos of their poop too please.
So as you can probably already imagine no changes in the two lethargic ones as it’s been less than a day. I will make a new batch everyday like told, I took a new pic from today.
C9C3642F-1E1D-48FF-916A-FACC9F8698E6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom