COCHIN BANTAM THREAD

redrooster99

Songster
9 Years
Jun 14, 2013
georgia
This is a thread for Cochin bantam enthusiast [ such as myself ] . I maid this thread so us enthusiast can talk about Cochin bantams and post pictures. [if pictures are not yours please give the name/website were you found it or got it ] thank you,

I have 4 bantam cochins (7 weeks old), will hopefully be getting a few more soon. Has anyone every crossed a black mottled with a birchen? If so what do they look like. Also can you cross a barred with mottled?

Thanks.

I just decided to make another i figured there was one but thank you for telling me and I have not made that specific mix

I have 4 bantam cochins (7 weeks old), will hopefully be getting a few more soon. Has anyone every crossed a black mottled with a birchen? If so what do they look like. Also can you cross a barred with mottled?

Thanks.

You can cross anything with anything else, depending on what you goals are. Are you referring to the birds above? I see a cuckoo and a black there.

Mottled to barred will give you sex linked offspring, females being cuckoo and males being black, both being split for mottled. Cross the f1 back together and you will get black, mottled and barred out of the mix, possibly other things depending on what each are hiding

Yes I was referring to the birds above. My blacks, would they be considered mottled with white just on their wings and feet, ?I have a birchen but don't have any pictures to upload of her. Thanks,

Last edited:
Yes I was referring to the birds above. My blacks, would they be considered mottled with white just on their wings and feet, ?I have a birchen but don't have any pictures to upload of her. Thanks,
generally not. But they may be split for mottled. here are some youngsters I hatched last season. First a black mottled. Then two partridge, you can see the difference in the two partridge. One mottled. One not.

you can see the chest usually starts off pure white then spreads around the bird.

Last edited:
1 of these things is not like the other....from sesame street. One of my chicks is a roo. I ordered 1 roo and 5 pullets. I have no idea who the roo is. Only one of them pecks at me when I change the feed and water. They are 3 weeks old and are growing. I am feeding them Fermented feed.

They seem happy and content. I will keep them in the brooder for another two weeks then they are moving out to the big girl coop or rather the big bantam coop. They make me smile.

Caroline

Back
Top Bottom