Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics

This is "little dude." He's pretty cute...@ 5 weeks. Just wanted to share.
big_smile.png
He sure is cutie, and just looking at him I have hope that my will be pullets. What color is he going to be?

did you hatch him yourself or purchased from hatchery. it seems to me that it is hard to find that color from hatcheries, i really wanted that color, but alas, my end up white, which is still pretty.

Now that my chicks are 1 month old, can you help me to sex them, the white one I think is a pullet and the red looks like a rooster, correct me if I am wrong.

Look at this picture, it looks to me that wattles are coming and turning red. Also comb is getting redish at the base.

And two of them together. White chick looks bigger and fills bigger as well, but I still think it pullet.

It does look like a white pullet and a red cockerel to me. Like you said the wattles are redder like a cockerel would have and it's looks to be carrying itself more like a cockerel, the more upright stance. I have a pair of Frizzle Cochin Bantams that were hatched November 22nd and the cockerel's comb is just now starting to get bigger, but he feathered in slower than the pullet. They are too cute!! I love both colors!

It does look like a white pullet and a red cockerel to me. Like you said the wattles are redder like a cockerel would have and it's looks to be carrying itself more like a cockerel, the more upright stance. I have a pair of Frizzle Cochin Bantams that were hatched November 22nd and the cockerel's comb is just now starting to get bigger, but he feathered in slower than the pullet. They are too cute!! I love both colors!
Fingers crossed that you have 2 pullets though
fl.gif
Keep us posted as they grow more. Hopefully you'll be able to tell for sure soon
big_smile.png

Well I live in the UK and here we keep Pekins. Although Pekins don't have a larger counterpart they seem to look the same as your Cochins in the US. Here are my two new babies. Let me know what you think of their type. The brown one looks like she has a longer neck than she should but it could be she just keep stretching it to have a nosey.

Pip the Partridge Pekin & Pop the Black Pekin:

And a mottled pekin I am picking up at the end of the month:

Last edited:
Well I live in the UK and here we keep Pekins. Although Pekins don't have a larger counterpart they seem to look the same as your Cochins in the US. Here are my two new babies. Let me know what you think of their type. The brown one looks like she has a longer neck than she should but it could be she just keep stretching it to have a nosey.

Pip the Partridge Pekin & Pop the Black Pekin:

And a mottled pekin I am picking up at the end of the month:

They all look so pretty.

Back
Top Bottom