Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
In most/hatchery stock, there isn't that much difference. When looking at the breed standard though, there is a difference.

Cochins are much fluffier, Brahmas also have pea comb.
Cochins have a very exhibition-type appearance, basically an "extreme" fluffy feathered look. Brahmas are more just a strong built, balanced look.

Last edited:

Don't know if this helps but thought I would show this standing pic just in case.
What is the difference you speak of in breed standard.
One thing I did read is that cochin standard is no vulture hocks and this girl/boy does have them

Just that the bantam is harder to tell the fluffy difference were as standard size are easier to tell the difference.

I know you don't want to breed two frizzles together but is it ok to breed a smooth frizzle x to a frizzle? Would that up the odds to get frizzle chicks? I'm not even sure that makes sense the way I put it.

Hi all!! My husband just bought me 4 baby bantam frizzled chicks for Mother's Day! I'm so excited about them I can hardly stand it!! I do have a question though...upon close inspection, both of the white chicks have a much more prominent comb than the 2 black ones...could this be a color thing or is it most likely a sex thing?? They will be a week old tomorrow.

I have a question for all you bantam cochin frizzle lovers...my hubby just got me 4 chicks for Mother's Day and I am noticing a bulge in their breast area. I just raised up 11 other babies and got them outside (all different breeds) and never noticed this on any of them. Is this normal for this breed, or could something be wrong? They are one week old.

I have a question for all you bantam cochin frizzle lovers...my hubby just got me 4 chicks for Mother's Day and I am noticing a bulge in their breast area. I just raised up 11 other babies and got them outside (all different breeds) and never noticed this on any of them. Is this normal for this breed, or could something be wrong? They are one week old.
They tend to gain weight there first. I am sure they are fine.

I love my frizzle. I can walk around he farm with her tucked under my arm or on my shoulder. She is so tame! Silkies used to be my favorite breed until I got her. See my avatar picture :) thinking of showing her at a fair but concerned about the potential for contracting an illness. Thoughts? Also judging on the breed how is it done?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom