Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
[/IMG]
I love the opinions of you frizzle experts out there as to gender of these two sweeties! :) They are somewhere around 8-9 weeks old...they were in the half off bin at our local ranch supply store this spring and my kiddos just "had to have them!" They are adorable! Thanks in advance!! Please share with me the reasoning behind your response...I love learning!

[/IMG]
I love the opinions of you frizzle experts out there as to gender of these two sweeties! :) They are somewhere around 8-9 weeks old...they were in the half off bin at our local ranch supply store this spring and my kiddos just "had to have them!" They are adorable! Thanks in advance!! Please share with me the reasoning behind your response...I love learning!

I'm not sure about much of this, but I have 2 giant Cochins, and at about 5 weeks I could already tell the difference in one of their combs. It had turned red almost overnight and really started growing. Also, the wattles started growing right after that and are also very red. The other one still has a very small and "flesh" colored comb and no wattles forming yet (8+ weeks). I am assuming from what I've been told and read about, that the one with the very big red comb is a rooster and the other is a hen. So, all that to say, that I don't see this happening on either of your chicks, and I had for weeks already at that point with mine. So I say girls for yours.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong anyone, I'm new at this and learning myself :)

Now that my chicks are 1 month old, can you help me to sex them, the white one I think is a pullet and the red looks like a rooster, correct me if I am wrong. Look at this picture, it looks to me that wattles are coming and turning red. Also comb is getting redish at the base. And two of them together. White chick looks bigger and fills bigger as well, but I still think it pullet.
We have the EXACT same thing! My kiddos picked a white and a red frizzle the white is soo much bigger, and our little red has a pinker face. How are yours looking these days? Are you still thinking girl and boy? It stinks not knowing! :)

[/URL]
I love the opinions of you frizzle experts out there as to gender of these two sweeties!
smile.png
They are somewhere around 8-9 weeks old...they were in the half off bin at our local ranch supply store this spring and my kiddos just "had to have them!" They are adorable! Thanks in advance!! Please share with me the reasoning behind your response...I love learning!
Hmmm, I am going to guess pullets, usually you can tell by four or five weeks the "boys" have a much bigger comb and wattles.........

Back
Top Bottom