Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
Amy,

Look like someone you know???? LOL Steel JR.

beautiful!
love.gif

Another beautiful pullet from Shazam. I need to be setting more of the eggs than I do but my 3 bators are so full of other breeds that I do not set everything they lay. I keep saying I am going to cut back to my favorites. .........uh, I guess I have.......
hide.gif

The turkey poult finds her soft to snuggle under.

Another beautiful pullet from Shazam. I need to be setting more of the eggs than I do but my 3 bators are so full of other breeds that I do not set everything they lay. I keep saying I am going to cut back to my favorites. .........uh, I guess I have.......
hide.gif

The turkey poult finds her soft to snuggle under.

Always love SHAZAMS kids
love.gif

I posted this in another cochin thread but no one had responded so thought I would post here also.

I have five young frizzled bantam cochins that I want to introduce to my older bantam cochin pen. The chicks are three weeks old, the older ones are between five and six weeks old. I find the bantam cochins to be very sweet but don't want to mess up and have them peck the chicks to death either. My plan is to put the chicks into a pen inside the coop and let them get used to each other for a few days and then try to put them together and see what happens.

My question is, is it easier to introduce new birds into the flock with the cochins or am I being nieve in my thinking since they seem so sweet? Open to any advice as this is a new breed to me.

Hetty running around being the outcast of the pecking order. She's still a happy little hen! She still chirps is that normal? Got her for Easter as a chick along with two other bantams but she's the only one that survived. Hetty is currently the only bantam in our 14 member flock of chickens.

Am seeking input on my Bantam Cochin Frizzle cockerel - what variety of bantam Cochin is Tango? Tango is VERY slow feathering but healthy and a mellow little guy. Tango is not crowing yet but, when he does, I'm going to have to re-home him. Below, he is the chick on the right at about 3 weeks of age. The next shot is about 6 weeks. The last two pics are taken today. He is 9 1/2 weeks old and still has chick fuzz. Any input you can offer as to what type of bantam Cochin pattern he fits into is greatly appreciated.

Even 'tho he is still in ugly duck stage, he certainly is the most interesting looking little guy! And he talks to me. Will be hard to part with him.

Cute! Sorry I don't know much about Cochin varieties...
Am seeking input on my Bantam Cochin Frizzle cockerel - what variety of bantam Cochin is Tango? Tango is VERY slow feathering but healthy and a mellow little guy. Tango is not crowing yet but, when he does, I'm going to have to re-home him. Below, he is the chick on the right at about 3 weeks of age. The next shot is about 6 weeks. The last two pics are taken today. He is 9 1/2 weeks old and still has chick fuzz. Any input you can offer as to what type of bantam Cochin pattern he fits into is greatly appreciated.

Even 'tho he is still in ugly duck stage, he certainly is the most interesting looking little guy! And he talks to me. Will be hard to part with him.

Back
Top Bottom