Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
very cool! beautiful bird
clap.gif

I just wanted to share. My daughter got Grand Champion at our county fair for our bantam cochin hen! Pretty exciting stuff here at the bird farm.
congratulations I bet shes really proud! Lovely frizzles craig what is the colour of the bottom trio called they are very pretty?

She didn't really understand what was going on at the time, I had to go get her from the rabbits and explain it! lol Silly kids, I asked her if I get to keep the purple ribbon for buying the birds and building the coop and feeding and watering and she said no. lol She does her chores and we worked together to get the birds ready so I guess she earned it.

I just wanted to share. My daughter got Grand Champion at our county fair for our bantam cochin hen! Pretty exciting stuff here at the bird farm.

As I said earlier beautiful bird.

How do you win with an unrecognized variety? It is not supposed to be possible to have the best bird in 4H with a nonstandard variety. Have the rules changed since my kids were in 4H?

As I said earlier beautiful bird.

How do you win with an unrecognized variety? It is not supposed to be possible to have the best bird in 4H with a nonstandard variety. Have the rules changed since my kids were in 4H?
I assume you mean calico. He called her a mille so I don't know. I'm not sure where you draw the line on coloring, I'm still learning.

I assume you mean calico. He called her a mille so I don't know. I'm not sure where you draw the line on coloring, I'm still learning.
Hey Ivy,

I think what Craig was asking is that Mille Fleur is not a "recognized" color for cochins as far as APA/ABA standards. In the large poultry shows a color that has not been officially recognized can be shown AOV (any other variety) and can win in that category but cannot be considered for any further Breed , Featherleg or Show categories, so he was asking if the 4H show rules were different, which they must be as you not only have a lovely hen but pretty KSTATE purple ribbons to boot
celebrate.gif
. There is another big show in Sedalia later this fall that if you can get yourself to the KC area we could ride together but it was amazing what i learned there--especially the AI lessons that Craig assured me i could do -even though i was skeptical.

Back
Top Bottom