Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
my only knowledge of the frazzles is reading up on them....it's really a shame that knowing that breeding a frizzle to a frizzle will cause this fragile bird people still do it! I don't think the little roo is ugly.
love.gif

Introducing THE MUNCHKINS
jumpy.gif
--(sorry for the photo overload just way excited!)

5 days old

some feathers coming in for chick #1

We were a little vocal at our first photo shoot

Look at my lovely feet feathering

All cute chicks like Coca cola-Right? LOL see how much of a munchkin i really am.

chick #2 looks like some darker feathering trying to come in

chick #1 feathers again

nice feet
celebrate.gif

yesss.gif

Dorothy and OZ, the proud parents
awww

I have been trying to research frazzle, since I have at least one frazzle Cochin. I also think the little pullet is frazzle, but she finally came into better feather. The feathers are very narrow and she has no down. I just kept waiting for these birds to grow nice feathers and realize they never will. I'm worried about the winter. I live in South Central Texas. Can I keep them outside? I've read mention of health problems--what are their issues? Thanks.

What does a double frizzle look like?

I have one frizzled Cochin that has horrible plumage.  The feather vane is very narrow and the feather doesn't hold together.  It (the barbs and vane) is weak, so it breaks easily, leaving a stiff curl of a quill.  The feathering is very sparse.

Is this a double frizzle? 

opps quoted the wrong post... anyways yes that is frazzled

Last edited:
I have been trying to research frazzle, since I have at least one frazzle Cochin. I also think the little pullet is frazzle, but she finally came into better feather. The feathers are very narrow and she has no down. I just kept waiting for these birds to grow nice feathers and realize they never will. I'm worried about the winter. I live in South Central Texas. Can I keep them outside? I've read mention of health problems--what are their issues? Thanks.
http://www.thefrizzlesocietyofgreatbritain.co.uk/.. click on the header ARTICLES and see if the information you want is there.

Does anyone know or have any Buff bantams for sale? A gentle rooster or a trio.
Looking for someone in Oklahoma that has some available.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom