Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
Got my first 2 eggs from one of my Bantam Cochins! She was bred with my Frizzle Cochin Bantam. They are both Partridge in coloring. I am SO excited. Waiting it out a few days to see if I get a couple more, then incubating them. They are not her FIRST eggs, but the first eggs she has laid since I bought her a month ago.

My Bantam Cochin Frizzle hen hatched (I'm guessing, but I understand I'm close) about the beginning of March. She hasn't started laying. I was changing the living arrangements of my flock (very small flock) more than they liked right around the POL, so IDK if that's what happened.
About what kind of range should I have been looking for on POL?
Is there maybe something wrong with her that is indicated by her not laying yet?
Do I just have to wait until spring at this point?

I don't know if she ships day olds but she ships a couple months old- here is my pullet Peppermint when she just arrived-

and now-

How very lovely!

COUNTRY BOY:
Your fizzle, Peppermint, is too too cute!!!
What is that coloring called and how do you get it?

Thanks. She hatched out of Amy's roo Shazam. She really doesn;t have a color I guess. She is a Blue Mille Fleur Columbian. Her chicks are all different colors. I lost my little cockerel Rastas from her though. He was looking better by the day but I was having a weasel problem again so I was losing birds left and right. I luckily got the weasel last night though.

Thanks. She hatched out of Amy's roo Shazam. She really doesn;t have a color I guess. She is a Blue Mille Fleur Columbian. Her chicks are all different colors. I lost my little cockerel Rastas from her though. He was looking better by the day but I was having a weasel problem again so I was losing birds left and right. I luckily got the weasel last night though.
YW.
Oh, my DD and I really like her coloring. Mine's white (she's my avi). I'd like to get some color in a smooth male and hope for some pretty babies I can sell (and keep a little bit).
wink.png

I like the idea of "all different colors" of chicks!!!
celebrate.gif

But the roo I have right now is LF and he's half GLWayndotte and half white Leghorn. I'm hoping to get a partridge male soon, but he'll be LF too, so IDK how many chicks I'll get out of her.
idunno.gif

So sorry about your cockerel. Weasels are.... well, they're weasels.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom