Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

A frizzle rooster who can fly?  I think the person was talking about someone's order of frizzle chicks.

Yes, he can fly. None of the previous frizzles I have had could fly, but he can. He is a feisty thing too. Someone asked if they needed to know anything about frizzles as they were ordering chicks. I replayed to someone saying they can fly. Most can't.

Here are my two Cochins.

Could y'all help me with sexing?

I love breeding the blue and blue Mottled bantam Cochin Frizzles. They are so adorable but then I think all Frizzles are!

And an older sister...............

And a son I am keeping from my most treasured Shazam. This is Zap!

Yes, their beaks are long. It was deworming day and I do beaks, nails and deworm on the same days until they go out on the ground. I also weigh them and check for other problems. Beaks are a great indicator that it is time to handle babies again.

I also sell eggs from my Frizzles if anyone ever wants beauties like these.

How do you trim a beak?

File lightly with a finger nail file.

I went through and de-spured my roos today. They are finally so used to it they hardly fight/flinch now. Im sure some dont even feel it as they pop right off easily. Barley even bleed too so thats good as well.
Dose anyone else de-spur regularly too?
I do as its safer for my girls and dont want any accidents to happen with cutting backs while doing their business.
:)

File lightly with a finger nail file.

I went through and de-spured my roos today. They are finally so used to it they hardly fight/flinch now. Im sure some dont even feel it as they pop right off easily. Barley even bleed too so thats good as well.
Dose anyone else de-spur regularly too?
I do as its safer for my girls and dont want any accidents to happen with cutting backs while doing their business.
:)

I dot on all, but I do de spur some

Back
Top Bottom