Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

I'm no expert (at all!!!!), but since no one else has answered, I"ll throw out a guess and hopefully someone smarter than me will see and correct me. =)
I think the smooth looks like a cockerel and I think the frizzle looks like a pullet.
(but you might not know until they start crowing or laying; sorry)

I agree with everyones guess. The Frizzle has thin feathers [looks like to me] does this mean it is a Frazzle or whatever you call the ones with double dose of Frizzle?
I have a couple like that and then also one with wide flat feathers almost looks like the shavings it lives in.
big_smile.png

Wish I knew what is what with these birds. I do know they are getting prettier with age.
Thanks

Here are some day-old chicks I got yesterday morning. (Well, I guess they're two days old now.)
Anyway:

If anyone has any ideas as to what colors they may turn out to be, I'd like to know. =)
None of them is brown; all the coloring on them is some shade of gray and some have yellow. Three have pale yellow spots on the backs of their heads; some have wings that are black close to the body, then gray, and white on the edge away from the body (like the one in the bottom picture). Some have black marks on their beaks, some just have "yellow" beaks (what I would call "regular" beak color).

They look like black Cochins

Thanks. =)
Do you know what I get genetically when I mix them with white (that are probably not genetically pure white, they're....
Just figured out there's no way to answer that question. Sorry. =)
I'll go back to:

"Thanks =) "

My frizzle cochin had those colors

and she became black.

Oh, wow!!! Went from being that light to black?!?!?!
thumbsup.gif

Here are some day-old chicks I got yesterday morning. (Well, I guess they're two days old now.) Anyway: If anyone has any ideas as to what colors they may turn out to be, I'd like to know. =) None of them is brown; all the coloring on them is some shade of gray and some have yellow. Three have pale yellow spots on the backs of their heads; some have wings that are black close to the body, then gray, and white on the edge away from the body (like the one in the bottom picture). Some have black marks on their beaks, some just have "yellow" beaks (what I would call "regular" beak color).
My chicks with spots on head are barred or barred cross colored. .. So my guess is black Black mottled Barred Barred black. :)

Back
Top Bottom