Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

I understand. I have three (but one is at a friend's house) LF roos right now, and one (well, there are either two or four, but I'm only keeping one) Bantam Cochin cockerel chick coming up, and one of my three (possibly LF) Cochin chicks might be a cockerel and I'd keep him. So, I understand the problems with multiple roos; my lead roo sleeps in the coop with the girls, the other one sleep on an old grill on the back porch. The others are chicks, so they don't count as roos yet.
I've been free ranging, but I've got to start building pens, so I've got to rehome my lead roo in order to take the one my friend is holding for me. He's an EE and my lead roo is unnecessary since I won't be free ranging and he doesn't fit into my breeding program.
You said that the LF hens didn't respect the banty roo; was he the lead roo? If not, the banty part may not have been the problem; I have a LF jr. roo and the hens don't respect him either (being larger than they are he gets his way as long as the lead roo doesn't knock him off the hen though).
Just my two cents, oh, wait, if we account for inflation, that should be worth.....at least a dime.
lau.gif
We are in the wait and see mode. We have 2 dorking roos, the cochin, and a silkie I am suspecting is a boy in this batch. One dorking will certainly go. We shall see.

Oz and Dorothy 16 mo's
Pretty pretty.

thumbsup.gif
Heres a pic of Oz's sister, Peppermint. She's a bit scruffy looking from being in with her new roo.
Pretty also!!!

We are in the wait and see mode. We have 2 dorking roos, the cochin, and a silkie I am suspecting is a boy in this batch. One dorking will certainly go. We shall see.

Pretty pretty.

Pretty also!!!

Yeah. =)
I make plans and then change them and then adjust them and then make new plans. lol I'm terrible for that kind of thing.

Snoodle is looking better. Her head and comb are red again, and she's speaking more nicely to me when I give her treats to her. I moved her water and food directly in front of her b/c she should start "lockdown" today or in the next couple of days.
I also locked down the eggs in the incubator last night; all three look good. We'll see what comes of both of these.

Yeah. =)
I make plans and then change them and then adjust them and then make new plans. lol I'm terrible for that kind of thing.

Snoodle is looking better. Her head and comb are red again, and she's speaking more nicely to me when I give her treats to her. I moved her water and food directly in front of her b/c she should start "lockdown" today or in the next couple of days.
I also locked down the eggs in the incubator last night; all three look good. We'll see what comes of both of these.
Can't wait to see baby pics!
jumpy.gif

What color pattern is this? Partridges? And does it look like a pullet or cockerel? It's around 5 weeks old.

How about this Mottled? I think it's a boy. Am I correct?

Back
Top Bottom