Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

I need help with a cochin bantam temperament question. I have an 8 week old banty cochin who is absolutely CRAZY. Very skittish and runs all over the place when I'm around. Could it be that he may be a rooster (I was told it was a hen by the breeder)? I've heard that cochins are very friendly which is the reason we got her... as more of a pet. This picture was a few weeks ago.

@ citygoincountry....Is it a gold laced? I have one that was exactly like that, and it's mellowed out a lot as it's gotten older. It just needed some time to get used to me.
I think so! If you can tell in the picture it has some gold tipped feathers and a little gold throughout. I didn't realize that color can have anything to do with temperament. I'm very new to raising chickens! Still reading, and learning!! Thanks :)

I need help with a cochin bantam temperament question. I have an 8 week old banty cochin who is absolutely CRAZY. Very skittish and runs all over the place when I'm around. Could it be that he may be a rooster (I was told it was a hen by the breeder)? I've heard that cochins are very friendly which is the reason we got her... as more of a pet. This picture was a few weeks ago.

Cochins are friendly, but as with all chickens it depends on circumstance.

Their history may have made them skittish, and mine will often be wary of people, especially if i let broodies raise them. But given time they will all become friendly. Hang in there and they will get used to you. When they see other chickens coming to you with food they will warm to you.

As an aisde it could very well be a pullet, what age is it?

Cochins are friendly, but as with all chickens it depends on circumstance.

Their history may have made them skittish, and mine will often be wary of people, especially if i let broodies raise them. But given time they will all become friendly. Hang in there and they will get used to you. When they see other chickens coming to you with food they will warm to you.

As an aisde it could very well be a pullet, what age is it?
It's about 8 weeks. We got it at 2 weeks old from a "breeder"

My new cockerel, Zap!
He is out of my most handsome Shazam.
I also have Shazam's daughters in with my handsoem MF rooster, Xavier.

This is Murphy with the Shazam daughters.

Xavier with Frizzle hens..............

I have been hatching chicks out of both pens in between selling hatching eggs to others. It seems I can't have enough of these beautiful Frizzles my own self.

But wait! These aren't the only ones I have in Frizzle. I am sure I have more photos to share of other Frizzles I have growing up and ready to go into the breeder pens.

Back
Top Bottom