Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Thank you, Julie! Glad to know that you will soon have some little beauties from me in your brooder soon!!!
I know they are all going to be gorgeous but then I have been interesting in these Frizzles for a very long time and just breed more beautiful ones every year. The foundation birds I started with years ago still live on in these. I haven't bought a new bird in a long time.

Mindylee, eggs from this breeding pen are $55 shipped.

There are some lovely birds in there destined for the ABA shows this fall. If they do as well as the hen in my avatar and the others I win with then the price will go up. I normally hate to show Frizzles but they are just too nice to be left at home and some of the smooth girls have shaped up very well, too.

I am Super excited about more babies. I LOVE my Frizzle MF Cockerel Caesar that came from Lynne's Blaze a West Knoll Graduate. :) I have no doubt these babies will be stunning.

Thank you, Julie! Glad to know that you will soon have some little beauties from me in your brooder soon!!!
I know they are all going to be gorgeous but then I have been interesting in these Frizzles for a very long time and just breed more beautiful ones every year. The foundation birds I started with years ago still live on in these. I haven't bought a new bird in a long time.

Mindylee, eggs from this breeding pen are $55 shipped.

There are some lovely birds in there destined for the ABA shows this fall. If they do as well as the hen in my avatar and the others I win with then the price will go up. I normally hate to show Frizzles but they are just too nice to be left at home and some of the smooth girls have shaped up very well, too.
Will you be going to the big ABA centennial show in the fall?

If I go, what are the odds of my being able to buy a good blue or splash bantam cockerel/rooster? I have a well bred blue cockerel but I really don't like his color--his feathers are mealy and without any lacing. He has a lot of quality, but I am having trouble getting past the color. It probably won't matter since I really want to breed splash, but still, I should have good blue coloring behind my splash.

I am Super excited about more babies. I LOVE my Frizzle MF Cockerel Caesar that came from Lynne's Blaze a West Knoll Graduate. :) I have no doubt these babies will be stunning.

Lynne does an awesome job with the birds she gets from me. Looking at how well she has done I will probably bring in birds from her since they will help me with my bloodline diversity and still keep the type and color she is so great at producing. I am very particular who I have gotten birds from in the past and I assure you, Lynne is one of the best.
You have 2 awesome little men there but yeah, Caesar is super nice in his Frizzling and pattern. You are lucky she had to let him go. They are both handsome though!

Will you be going to the big ABA centennial show in the fall?

If I go, what are the odds of my being able to buy a good blue or splash bantam cockerel/rooster? I have a well bred blue cockerel but I really don't like his color--his feathers are mealy and without any lacing. He has a lot of quality, but I am having trouble getting past the color. It probably won't matter since I really want to breed splash, but still, I should have good blue coloring behind my splash.

I do not breed self blues or splash so I would not have one available. I breed Mottleds in blue and black and some other coloring but I sell eggs instead of birds since I keep my birds quite a while to see how they mature out for showing and then often place them in Frizzle pens to see what great new birds I can create. Extra birds are bought before I barely say I want to sell them.

I do not breed self blues or splash so I would not have one available. I breed Mottleds in blue and black and some other coloring but I sell eggs instead of birds since I keep my birds quite a while to see how they mature out for showing and then often place them in Frizzle pens to see what great new birds I can create. Extra birds are bought before I barely say I want to sell them.
I guess I wasn't very clear. I just wondered what the odds were that I could buy something nice at that show. Since you brought up going to ABA fall shows (and I just assumed you would go to the ABA Centennial show), I was asking your opinion of the odds of my getting a nice bird at the show, not necessarily from you.

Oh! Yes, now I get it.
The best bet is to contact breeders that are going because they only have so much room to take birds to the show and will leave some awesome birds at home if no one has already bought them. You might find some good ones for sale but it is a chance you take. Your best bet is to make sure some breeders are bringing them ahead of time.
I may see you there! If so, I will have on my West Knoll Farm t-shirt or someone probably can point me out to you.

Back
Top Bottom