Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

I tried asking in the Washington thread but didn't get any hits....

Anyone know where I can get a Cochin pullet / young Hen in Western WA? Not looking for "show quality", but would like a decent example of the breed.

I love the way they look and their personalities. The family has voted that we'd rather hatch eggs under a good "mama" than from an incubator.

I tried asking in the Washington thread but didn't get any hits....

Anyone know where I can get a Cochin pullet / young Hen in Western WA?    Not looking for "show quality", but would like a decent example of the breed.

I love the way they look and their personalities. The family has voted that we'd rather hatch eggs under a good "mama" than from an incubator.

If you can't. Don't rule out shipping in hatching eggs. I live in the mitten of Michigan and couldn't find any near me. So I bought eggs from several breeders at different times and now I have a wonderfully beautiful flock.
Its kinda fun cause now folks come to me for eggs and chicks and its been fun becoming a breeder of such sweethearts.
I did okay on shipped eggs. I do recommend to do 2 doz of eggs as it seems to be a better amount then.

Funny you should mention that.. My plan is to buy hatching eggs later on, but I was hoping to have a Broody Cochin waiting for them when they arrived ;)

Perhaps our first hatch will have to be Cochin from an incubator to get this plan started :)

Its how I started! Now I have approx 70 birds in my coop! LOL And the best part is ya can get any color you want! I did get a lot from Roslyn Pickens of Lucky Pickens in AK. She has some wonderful birds and I have gotten great hatch rates from her. I use her birds as the foundation of my program and then add other bloodlines with better quality to better my chicks. I have been very happy and cant wait till next spring to see what my new chicks I produce will look like!

I even do this with my iris flowers too. I buy from Nebraska a lot and my #'s are in the thousands! LOL!

The top photo is of a cockerel I had a while back. He grew up beautiful.

The second and third one is of a pullet I have out there right now. She is a sweetheart!

Last edited:
mindy, now's there's three.
big_smile.png

CC...yes, cleaned legged. You can that that in the ummm..third photo. :) Mama a cochin, dad a cochin mix. He is the frizzle.

Back
Top Bottom