Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

That's what I'm trying to figure out. She has a straight comb, yellow skin and smooth feathers but just a little blue on her lobes. She came from a mixed pen where there were silkie/cochin hens in with the pure cochin roo but the lady I purchased her from seemed to think she was pure. Now that I'm learning more I'm questioning. I will try and get a picture tomorrow.

Well, I've found that silkie cochins are quite adorable, so I hope you aren't disappointed about having one
smile.png

That's what I'm trying to figure out. She has a straight comb, yellow skin and smooth feathers but just a little blue on her lobes. She came from a mixed pen where there were silkie/cochin hens in with the pure cochin roo but the lady I purchased her from seemed to think she was pure. Now that I'm learning more I'm questioning. I will try and get a picture tomorrow.

She might have had silkie in her blood line several generations back. The person you bought her from might not know there was silkie in the line. If it was generations back it might be recessive and just popped out under the right circumstances. Genetics are complicated. :idunno

She might have had silkie in her blood line several generations back. The person you bought her from might not know there was silkie in the line. If it was generations back it might be recessive and just popped out under the right circumstances. Genetics are complicated.
idunno.gif

Yeah, I agree. I would love to see a picture of this Cochin! To see if she looks sort of like a silkie.

Yeah, I agree. I would love to see a picture of this Cochin! To see if she looks sort of like a silkie.

This is my cochin/silkie mix...Peep
big_smile.png
She has the pea comb, 5 toes and some hairy feathers like a silkie along with the cochin traits
love.gif
She is a sweetie for sure!!!As a baby...yes that is her quail friend Fluffy
wink.png

Feathering out..still with her buddy!
Adult and totally lovable!

This is my cochin/silkie mix...Peep
big_smile.png
She has the pea comb, 5 toes and some hairy feathers like a silkie along with the cochin traits
love.gif
She is a sweetie for sure!!!As a baby...yes that is her quail friend Fluffy
wink.png

Feathering out..still with her buddy!
Adult and totally lovable!

Adorable! As a chick she seemed to have some sort of crest going on. Her feet remind me of a silkies feet! The two toes. Hmm, her skin seems a little dark.

Well, at least she's adorable! How is her little quail friend?

Fluffy went to my friend who has quails
big_smile.png
He was a male and needed some ladies
wink.png
He was a lone hatch so I put Peep with him because she was so little as well! The remained good friends until I rehomed him...so adorable
love.gif
sunbathing together...ahhhh the California life..LOL!!!!

Just chillin'

Back
Top Bottom