Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Hi I picked this little girl up as part of an assortment of feather legged bantams. I am wondering what color she is...I am not sure she is a cochin but by process of elimination I think so. Thanks in advance

Also picked up these two. I thought they were the same color initially but now it is obvious that they may be different. Also curious about your thoughts re sex...I know it is early but the little girl above got her feathers so quickly and has no comb and there is a little mottled boy that is clearly a boy. He has a pronounced comb already at 3.5 weeks. So these two are not very feathery...boyish and also pretty combless...girlish. I don't have much experience with baby bantams. My only other experience was with homegrown babies D'Uccle/Silkie mixes.

My first clue that they were not going to have the same coloring is that their bellies are creamy on the left and silver on the right. Plus their faces are different

Comb shot they both have similar combs. Plus the chick on right ,the silver belly, has some burgundyish head fluff.

Silver belly is in the back and you and see the reddish head fluff just above the comb. Thanks for any help you can give me. I don't know the specific breeds on these two either so any ideas you can give me will be appreciated. They were in the "Assorted Feather Legged Bantam." bin

Hi Everyone! I am looking for Bantam Cochin eggs to hatch in April! I am not particular about the color, but want smooth verses frizzled
big_smile.png
If anyone has any for sale, please let me know! Thanks!

I have a sweet cochin frizzle bantam baby pullet who is 6 + months old. She lays in the laying box when my other bantam (mille) lays her egg and as soon as she's done laying my frizzle gets up like she laid the egg. Even though they are in different boxes. It's become a pattern. Today I thought she would lay cause her lack of tail feathers started twitching. No egg! It's kinda sweet. Just curious if she's close . I am assuming she is but never know.

I have a sweet cochin frizzle bantam baby pullet who is 6 + months old. She lays in the laying box when my other bantam (mille) lays her egg and as soon as she's done laying my frizzle gets up like she laid the egg. Even though they are in different boxes. It's become a pattern. Today I thought she would lay cause her lack of tail feathers started twitching. No egg! It's kinda sweet. Just curious if she's close . I am assuming she is but never know.

At 6 months she is ready to start laying any time. It is sweet that she thinks she laid the egg.

LOL...she is practicing to become "one of the girls"
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom